Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Villabouts of the Wherein Kelly

      Frisky Dingo (which I may misspell as Dongo a few times, just bare with me) was made by 7030 productions. It ran for two seasons on Cartoon Network's [adult swim] late night block.

Okay, enough of the boring set-up, let's get right to the meat and potatos of this bad boy. This is one of the funniest damn shows I have ever seen. The dialogue is so well written, I thought I may go blind. Laughs? I'm swimming in them. And yes, I did just steal two jokes from that very show. Why? Because being unoriginal works for me.

The show is about Killface, and his quest to complete his creation, The Annihilatrix, and push our vile planet into the sun. And also Zander Crews is there.

The man at the top of this post is Xander Crews. If you don't know anything about him, you'd better just leave right now. NO, WAIT! DON'T! I was just kidding. You're still here, right? Okay. Anyway, this is one of the greatest characters ever written into a television show. His lines sound like they're lifted right out of my mouth. A lot of the characters are written that way. It all reminds me a lot of how my friends and I talk to each other. I want to meet the writers of this show and shake their hands and/or give them money. Although I don't have much money to give.

Honestly, I don't know much else about the story of this show. All I know is that it is incredibly hilarious. I doubt it's on the [adult swim] line up very often (if at all) anymore. However, it is available for purchase on the DVD. That's right, DVD. Not this new-fangled Blu-ray that everyone's clamoring about.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, before I wrap this up, let me explain my rating system. Everything I review will be rated. I mean, if I'm not rating what I review, why would I even have this thing? My rating system works like this, it's an "Out-of-5" system, but not like "3.5/5". No, that's been done, and it's boring. Instead, I'll be taking an aspect of whatever I'm reviewing (a band's guitar, a show's character, etc...) and use that, out of 5.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so. FRISKY DINGO receives...


5 WELCOME TO YOU'RE "DOOM" postcards out of 5.

Congratulations Frisky Dingo and 7030 Productions, the first recipient of my "Five-High" award. Awarded to whatever gets a 5 whatevers out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment